Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baseball like other things in life involves patience. Maybe that's what we need this year as Girardi finds his groove with his new team. It felt good winning tonight. Not just because it was a walk-off win. Not just because it was 2 in a row. Not just because IPK got himself in and out of trouble a couple of times and avoided a big inning against him which is something that has been plaguing him all year. Mostly though, it is Girardi that has me in such a good mood. He did what I wanted Torre to do so many times, show that fire in the belly emotion. He WAS Billy Martin tonight. He was there for his team. He lit a fire that sparked this team to its first walk-off win this year.

A series win. Wow, that hasn't happened all to much this year. Nice to see Veras pitch well in that spot. Krazy Kyle had another 1-2-3 inning. It is weird but we usually win games in which Farnsworth throws a 1-2-3 inning. Lets hope he fills Joba's 8th inning role with the results we have come to expect from Joba. Shelly Duncan proved that he has one hell of an arm. Two very important throws back to the infield keeping Payton on second in the sixth and holding Hernandez to a single in the seventh. All good plays, but I would have to give Abreu an some fanfare as his at bat drawing the walk and moving Matsui into scoring position was key to winning this game. And thanks to Robinson putting that bat on his shoulders for the first couple of pitches and waiting for that perfect pitch to go the other way. That's patience at the plate. A-rod should have have worked the count as well not just look for the game winning, walk-off dinger.
Billy would have been proud


In closing we would like to thank Mr. Girardi. Thank you for the show of emotion and the show you put on. It was funny seeing Ump Chris Guccione tell Girardi to "get the fuck out of here". Joe could have been out there arguing about anything. It was the act not the content that mattered. I know Torre has been ejected once so far this year, but not in this fashion. The Billy Martin fashion.

Good show, good pitching, good game, great win.

No comments:

About Me

My name is Bo Carlson. I am married to Kim and have two awesome boys. First and foremost I love my family. I love my wine, my beer, my food and of course The New York Yankees.

I am an in IT as a Network Admin. Scuba diving is a passion of mine. Blogging is pretty new to me and I am sure you can tell. I hope you take a look around and check out my posts.

Please feel free to leave a comment or two and friend me up on Twitter as @kallardnyc or Facebook. It would be great if you follow this blog so you can see the changes that will be upcoming and any future posts that I will make.

Thank you.

Todays Wine Deal

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com