Monday, May 26, 2008

I wont go nuts posting all my TN's (Tasting Notes) but here is a quick run down of the juice I consumed.

2006 Tittarelli Torrontes Reserva



Ever since I picked up a Torrontes (thanks Gary Vee) I have been through about 4-5 different wineries with varied results. I brought home several bottles of Tittarelli from the Wine Lib when they had the all day event back in March and I now have none left. It is good, very good. People step away from the Sauvignon Blanc and try a Torrontes. It is what Argentina is all about. Nice floral nose with tropical fruits and peaches. Blue stone and peaches on the palate with nice acidity. I actually prefer this to Alamos. At 11 bucks you can't beat it. Drink it all summer long (when the WL gets it back in stock that is). 90 points .

2007 Turkey Flat Rosé



Sorry for the stock image but I forgot to take a picture before we tossed the bottle.

Awesome color. Like Gary says, don't be afraid of the pink. A blend of Grenache, Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon and Dolcetto. This is pure roses and strawberries on the nose. Not a sweet wine by any means. One of my guests thought it was White Zinfandel. I pulled up a chair and had a little discussion with her that opened her eyes to wine that actually taste like wine. This one was very complex and balanced. A bit of acidity, a bit of berries and some melon. A nice change for those women that poured a glass and was expecting sugar water. Once again 90 points.

Jonesy Old Tawny Port NV



This one was weird. I have had many Ports. Especially Tawnys. But none this cheap, 8 bucks at the Lib. The color of this one could only be described as Coca Cola. It was darker then a Madeira. There was not a hint of Port on the nose. It was where Maple Dr. and Raisin St. meet. Wow. When I took a whirl all I could think about was uncooked ginger bread dough with maple syrup and raisins on top. It was 18.0 % alcohol and I could not even tell if there was any in it at all. A very different experience. Not a bad one, just different. 87 points (good QPR)

2004 Château Petit Védrines



This was a nice break from the norm. Whats the norm? Inniskillin Vidal Ice Wine. The Chateau Petit Vedrines Sauternes was a bit cheaper (14 bucks for a 375 ml) but was no less enjoyable. Nice melon and mango on the nose plus a little petrol. Apples and mangoes with honey on the palate with overwhelming green tea on the finish. I originally scored this a 90 but I am actually going to backslide to 89 points. I have had better Sauternes, but I have paid a lot more. Good QPR.

Now here is one we didn't drink...

2007 Jorge Cabernet



Like I said, we did not drink it, but I bought a couple of bottles due to the fact the procedes go to Jorgies charity. How good could this wine be anyway? Gary are you ready to put it on WLTV? 13 bucks for a good cause. Now I hope Jorge can get healthy and join the team on the field, we need him bad.

No comments:

About Me

My name is Bo Carlson. I am married to Kim and have two awesome boys. First and foremost I love my family. I love my wine, my beer, my food and of course The New York Yankees.

I am an in IT as a Network Admin. Scuba diving is a passion of mine. Blogging is pretty new to me and I am sure you can tell. I hope you take a look around and check out my posts.

Please feel free to leave a comment or two and friend me up on Twitter as @kallardnyc or Facebook. It would be great if you follow this blog so you can see the changes that will be upcoming and any future posts that I will make.

Thank you.

Todays Wine Deal

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com