Monday, May 12, 2008

While twitting about today I ran into an interesting website, gasbuddy.com. It peaked my interest enough to stay for a bit and check a couple of reports. I even linked up a permanent gas tracker for my state as seen above. I am lucky to live in New Jersey (probably the only good reason to live here) and enjoy very low fuel prices. Unfortunately I drive a six cylinder Infiniti that sucks up the fuel like Daniel Day Lewis sucks up a milkshake, but that is my cross to bear. Anyway, looking at the national averages it is weird to see New Jersey as one of the lowest and New York and Connecticut as one of the highest. This is not a new observation just a re-newed curiosity. I live in the land of EXTREMELY high taxes yet the fuel taxes are some of the lowest. I wish I could say the same about my property tax.

The site lets users report in their gas price findings, therefore depending on the power of the number of users to keep the prices current and the data widespread. As you can see from the screencap below, they do a pretty good job at it.


So consider signing up and become one of the gasbuddy.com army and help alert drivers of the lowest gas prices in the area. Gasbuddy.com

No comments:

About Me

My name is Bo Carlson. I am married to Kim and have two awesome boys. First and foremost I love my family. I love my wine, my beer, my food and of course The New York Yankees.

I am an in IT as a Network Admin. Scuba diving is a passion of mine. Blogging is pretty new to me and I am sure you can tell. I hope you take a look around and check out my posts.

Please feel free to leave a comment or two and friend me up on Twitter as @kallardnyc or Facebook. It would be great if you follow this blog so you can see the changes that will be upcoming and any future posts that I will make.

Thank you.

Todays Wine Deal

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com