Sunday, May 11, 2008

"The Tesla" or "F You Gas Prices"



How can it be?

I thought electric cars were not supposed to be feasible. Well it turns out they just may be. I am not talking about the high end beauty you see in the picture above. No, I am talking about a $50,000 to $65,000 alternative sedan code named "Whitestar". This "sports sedan" should be out next year in time for a 2010 model year roll out. Plans to build the "Whitestar" in a new plant that will be erected in New Mexico and the possibility of the New Mexico government ordering 100 vehicles for civil service duty, are all good signs that this vehicle may very well see the light of day. The next phase, "Bluestar", will be funded by the profits of the "Whitestar". The "Bluestar" is rumored to be an entry level vehicle of sorts ($30,000). Time will tell.



Service Centers for the Tesla Roadster are planned for the following United States Metropolitan Areas:
• Los Angeles, California
• San Francisco Bay Area, California
• New York, New York
• Miami, Florida
• Chicago, Illinois






Will we all be driving cars with a giant Dust Buster motors (those of us with experience modding up Clod Busters know what I am talking about), or is this just a Jetsons pipe dream? Only time will tell. But at the current price of gas (about $3.60 here in NJ at the time of publish) and the ever growing concern of carbon footprint reduction, lets just hope we will all be plugging in and "filling" up our "fuel tanks" over night for the morning commute.

www.teslamotors.com/

No comments:

About Me

My name is Bo Carlson. I am married to Kim and have two awesome boys. First and foremost I love my family. I love my wine, my beer, my food and of course The New York Yankees.

I am an in IT as a Network Admin. Scuba diving is a passion of mine. Blogging is pretty new to me and I am sure you can tell. I hope you take a look around and check out my posts.

Please feel free to leave a comment or two and friend me up on Twitter as @kallardnyc or Facebook. It would be great if you follow this blog so you can see the changes that will be upcoming and any future posts that I will make.

Thank you.

Todays Wine Deal

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com