Monday, February 23, 2009



The Bacon Breakfast Explosion

Pretty much your standard Bacon Explosion that was introduced to us by Jason and Aaron over at BBQAddicts.com, but with a nod to breakfast instead. Here is the original recipe, Bacon Explosion.

The only changes I made with the original recipe were an addition of maple syrup in the middle instead of the spices and breakfast sausage instead of sweet sausage.
















Here we see the interwoven, full pound of thick slab bacon and the pound of Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sausage rolled out to a half inch thick slab.














Next we laid the sausage slab on the bacon weave.














Then we cooked up some crispy bacon and crumbled it over the sausage





Sorry this is where you should see me applying the maple syrup, but I forgot to take the picture.

Just sayin...





The we put some black pepper and maple syrup over the crumbled bacon.














With the sausage rolled up we place it on the bacon weave and use the plastic wrap to roll the whole pork joint up.













With the temp probe stuck in the side, into the smoker it goes.














Once 165 degrees have been reached it is time to get it off the heat.














With the meat rested it is time to contemplate what to stick it in














With a quick honing on the steel, it is time to operate and assemble


Is your mouth watering yet? Pork on a buttermilk biscuit, as close to heaven as you can get!



1 comment:

sean said...

Oh wow. Just when you think you've seen it all. Pork explosion on a biscuit for breakfast! yes!

About Me

My name is Bo Carlson. I am married to Kim and have two awesome boys. First and foremost I love my family. I love my wine, my beer, my food and of course The New York Yankees.

I am an in IT as a Network Admin. Scuba diving is a passion of mine. Blogging is pretty new to me and I am sure you can tell. I hope you take a look around and check out my posts.

Please feel free to leave a comment or two and friend me up on Twitter as @kallardnyc or Facebook. It would be great if you follow this blog so you can see the changes that will be upcoming and any future posts that I will make.

Thank you.

Todays Wine Deal

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com